Several years ago, I read many articles about pet water fountains. I learned that it is healthier for our pets (dogs and cats) to drink their water from a fountain instead of a bowl.
There are several reasons for this:
- Water that moves is sure to remain cleaner;
- When water stands, it becomes vulnerable for dirt (fur, etc.,) to accumulate at the top and possibly cause intestinal problems;
- Any impurities that might stay on top of the water are brought down into the filter which does a great cleaning job;
- The moving water more easily attracts our pets to come and drink;
- It has been observed that pets drink more water from a fountain by visiting the fountain more frequently than a bowl;
- More than one pet can drink from the fountain at a time;
- The water is aerated which brings more oxygen into the fountain water. It is a fact that oxygenated water is healthier.
Getting more oxygen in the blood will actually give us more energy and allow us and our pets to be more active for a longer period of time.
After reading what a difference a water fountain would make in greater health for my cats, I ordered one right away. Caring for the fountain is not difficult – just takes a little more time and effort than washing out a bowl every so often, but the rewards are worth it for my cats. Also, it gives me peace of mind, knowing I’m doing the best I can to give them the best possible chance for a healthier life.
Disclaimer: The above was not copied from any articles, etc. This post is totally original and is the product of years of reading a myriad of informative cat articles, plus my own experience.